The Bashaw Community Wellness team is actively working with the Town of Bashaw to implement and provide emergency services. In the coming days you may find yourself needing to talk to someone about services available, mental health supports, challenges you are facing or even a way you could offer some help. A phone line has been set up for you to call 24/7 throughout this pandemic. Someone will be on the line to help you.
Call (780) 372-4074 or text (780) 678-9056
The Bashaw Food Bank will be available for those in need. Presently, the Bashaw Neighbourhood Place facility is open for walk-ins to acquire a food hamper. If that changes due to new circumstances, we will update here. For those who would like to donate to the food bank, we ask that you consider a cash donation so that we can maintain health safety and acquire specific items of need.
Call (780) 372-4074 or email email@example.com
Update May 14, 2020.: *PLEASE NOTE: The RV Station at the campgrounds next to the Agricultural Grounds is open for water and dumping. The station at the arena is open for dumping but water not yet available.
The Town of Bashaw is operational and communicates the following:
Call (780) 372-3911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bashaw School has been closed to the public as required by the provincial government, However, the teachers and staff are still supporting our Bashaw students with their learning.
The school has put together a page of learning resources! The page includes core learning tools, virtual field trips, creative activities, movement and wellness, etc. Check it out!
https://bashawschoollearningresources.schoolsites.ca/ Please click on the Bashaw School web link or Facebook page for updated and current information:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/bashawschool/
Learning Resources: https://bashawschoollearningresources.schoolsites.ca/
BDSS offers many social supports and programs that support community members to live full lives. Information and referral is an integral support for community members to access those services not available here. While many of their programs are suspended now due to the pandemic (daycare, preschool, home support, etc.), the caring and trained staff are still available to help where they are able.
Call: (780) 372-4074
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, RCMP Detachments across Alberta are modifying service delivery at front counters.
Our Operational Communications Centres are open and fully functioning for emergency calls. Please only dial 911 in an emergency.
Bashaw Adult Learning offers support for adult learning, work readiness, literacy and foundational learning (basic skills to fully participate in community, employment and further learning). There are also many different opportunities to train or acquire a diploma or degree online. We can help!
Call: (780) 372-3648
Eric and Georgina Gaudet own and operate Bashaw Pharmasave our local drugstore. As a pharmacist, Eric has the ability to
- prescribe most medications - including continuing therapy when you’re out of
- starting or altering therapy better to meet your health goals
- order and interpret blood work, and assess and treat many acute health
- follow up with you to ensure your drug therapy is working
- provide additional support in using your drugs properly
During the Coronavirus pandemic, Eric has posted videos giving updated and accurate information for community members. You can find his videos on the Coronavirus link above. If you become sick during this pandemic, please do not go to our health facilities but either phone 811 (Alberta's Health Link) or call Eric to talk about your concerns.
Update March 25, 2020: To make sure we are able to continue our service throughout the coming weeks, we have decided to limit foot traffic within the pharmacy. This protects our team of dedicated healthcare professionals and all of YOU, our patients, friends and family.
Starting today, the front door will be locked and you will be able to shop in solitude to make sure you can protect your physical distancing space. Before you gain entry, you will be screened for COVID-19 risk, to keep the space safe for everyone.
We will introduce two new pickup services for prescriptions and front store items:
1. Curbside concierge - we’ll bring your purchases to you!
2. In-town delivery
Please call the pharmacy @ 780-372-3503 to place an order or to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help 💜
Pharmsave Call: (780) 372-3503
Health Link Call: 811
Spiritual care is important during times of stress and fear. Bashaw is fortunate to have the following faith communities to draw from:
Bashaw Community Church: (780) 372-2204
Bashaw United Church : (780) 372-3891
Immaculate Heart of Mary Roman Catholic Church (403) 742-0694
Zion Lutheran Church: (780) 672-5353
April 15, 2020 Update:
What kinds of Campgrounds are allowed to open during Covid-19?
• Privately owned and also Municipally owned campgrounds will start to open this spring between mid April and early June. Most campgrounds in our region open in May.
• Seasonal or long term camping accommodation (of 4 weeks or longer) will be open.
• Daily/Weekend Campgrounds may be open if they follow the new AHS rules.
• It is important to check and contact the Campground to find out if it is open and what prevention measures are in place.
• See below for the update on fire bans that were announced this week.
What you can expect if you go Camping in Spring 2020:
• There will be signs up promoting Covid-19 prevention measures in effect.
• Contact free or minimal contact registration for Check in and out.
• Social and Physical distancing of 2 metres is mandatory.
• You must camp in an RV and use your own functioning toilet, shower, bathroom facilities so you can self isolate.
• RVs must be 30’ away from the nearest RV.
• Campsites (or RVs) must be serviced with a supply of water, Power supply and you must have access to a sewer disposal station.
• No tenting is allowed.
• No Visitors are allowed at your campsite. No co-mingling of campsites.
• Playgrounds, group camping sites, group firepits, events and gathering places are Closed and Cancelled.
• Shared use facilities like Toilets, Showers, self serve comfort stations are Closed.
• No rentals or use of bicycles, paddle boats, mini golf courses.
• Campground staff are not allowed to collect your garbage or recycling- you must use the dumpsters and receptacles provided at the campgrounds.